Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Final walkthrough.

We finished our final walkthrough last week with our general contractor. The final walkthrough is any OCD person's fantasy (*cough* Roy).... because all you do is walk through the house and nitpick all the tiny paint smudges and grout mistakes, mark them with some tape, and then wait for all the mistakes to be fixed by the next visit.



Today was that day. The final walkthrough, the final sign off. After tonight... any and all problems I find with the aesthetics of the house will have to be fixed by yours truly... or more likely Roy.

We were so excited that our appliances have been installed. Hello gorgeous stainless steel! Now all I need is to stock up on some serious cleaning supplies. I posed our festive Starbucks cups on the counter in front of the appliances so I could remember the chilly day that we did the walkthrough (carmel apple cider for me, drip coffee for him).



Its very hard to believe but we're actually closing TOMORROW! It feels like just yesterday we made the decision to buy, and now we're so close to being homeowners!

While I've been waiting for the big day, I've been busy packing.



I'm going to go ahead and give myself the "worst packer award" for the year. I'm obviously a terrible packer. Why? I decided to pack my closet first and pack all the clothes and shoes I don't wear often. Now, 2 weeks ago... I threw 90% of my clothes and shoes into boxes, and now they are snuggled at the bottom of that heavy box pile. Can anyone guess what is in those boxes?

...All my warm clothes and shoes, excluding the 2 pairs of flip flops I left out to wear until closing.

I guess 2 weeks ago, I had no thought process around the idea that the weather may eventually get colder in November.

I guess I'll be going to closing in my flip flops!

2 comments:

  1. Flip Flops or not--I am sure that you will feel quite chic when closing. Enjoy the moment when you get the keys. Please document & share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold toes are worth Bromley's keys! Besides with the crazy Houston weather who would have thought we'd go from blasting the heater to breaking out the AC again today? Stupid lack of seasons.

    Either way, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete