Thursday, November 18, 2010

Settling in.

The day after we closed on the house, we brought all the necessities down to Bromley...


...and spent the day waiting for the security guy, comcast guy, and pest guy.




Moving day came and went. We had quite the team of movers (Roy, my brother, brother in law, and my bro's friend) that worked their butts off to move everything in one day. We kept the boys well fed and they hauled the biggest boxes and heaviest furniture. At the end of the night after all our helpers left, Roy collapsed in exhaustion.. and I started with my end of the move: the unpacking.



Roy and I tackled the boxes like maniacs and I'm very surprised to announce that we had 99% of the boxes unpacked by the weekend!



Kirby is not a helpful packer, so I had to find a suitable place to keep her out of the way.

3 comments:

  1. The picture of Kirby is the box is SO cute!! Kudos to you guys for getting unpacked so quickly. I feel ashamed to admit that I still have unopened boxes at Mildred...and realistically, they will remain untouched for some time to come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel relief for you in the unpacking. i cannot stand to have my home in disarray!

    ReplyDelete