Friday, October 8, 2010

Floored.

Tile is in! When we went to scope out the progress, all the floors were covered in protective cardboard. We couldn't help but to peel back the cardboard in one corner to check it out. I think the tile looks great and we were very relieved. So many months ago when we were picking tile based on tiny squares, we had no clue how it would look when multiplied by the hundreds. We still can't get the full picture, but based on the corner... I think we'll be happy with our choices.



Even though we would have loved to have hard wood floors throughout the house, tile is much cheaper and much easier to maintain. I'm relieved that the occasional spills (ok, daily spills for me) will be easy to wipe up and when we eventually have kids.. I won't be panicking and following behind them waiting to pick up every drop of apple juice on the floor.

2 comments:

  1. a. I love the title, so clever. :)
    b. I love the tile, even if it is a sneak peek.
    c. I know I have said this over a million times but, AHHHH!!! I cannot wait to see the finished Bromley!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha -- I love the mental picture of you frantically chasing your kids with a napkin as they drink their juice--all around the house. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete