Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Nailed in.

I'm a super indecisive person. Especially when it comes to decorating. Couple that with a husband that HATES putting more than one nail in the wall for that indecisive person and you get a house full of empty walls.

I have plans for pretty much every wall in the house downstairs. There was one wall that kept me puzzled from the very beginning. Adding to the mix was that I feel that this wall is one of the most important.

You see, its the first wall that you see when you walk in the house and look straight to the back.



It's also the wall that we pass by the most, as its right next to our bedroom.

I had big plans for this wall. From the very beginning, I had a vision of EXACTLY what I wanted to hang there. But I always pushed my plans to the side because my big plan was pricey.

Until this weekend...

Roy and I were casually window shopping when we came across my vision. And the stars were aligned, because not only did I hold in my hand a gift card for the store but the store was also having a sale on its art!

30 minutes later Roy was lugging a huge package out of the door and I was skipping to the car.

I discovered I'm not always so indecisive when its something I truly love.

We rushed home and quickly settled the package into its new cubby. It fit perfectly.



1 hour later, it was hung. It looks amazing and now I can't wait to fill up the rest of the walls!



Its definitely an homage to my absolute favorite city in the entire world: NYC. It looks even better in person because lightly in the background is the NYC subway map and legend.

UPDATE:

I was so thrilled with the purchase of that NYC subway sign but still moaning inside about it's price tag. Randomly the other day Roy and I were wandering through TJMaxx when Roy started jumping around and pointing furiously to the back of the store......

fast forward 1 hour later....



Almost the exact same thing, but a quarter of the cost of the first one!!!

I love it so much more.

7 comments:

  1. This. Is. Awesome!

    Both the piece(s) AND the story. Where did you buy the first piece? I LOVE THEM BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see it in person! It looks absolutely beautiful (and perfect in every way)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE it!! and what a perfect picture for a perfect spot!

    (i also loved the slow unveiling of the art! i really found myself scrolling slowly when i realized it was a slow reveal of what was hidden in the brown paper wrapping.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! Great work! Things are so much more appreciated when you can find them ON SALE!!!!! HEHEEH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you return the original? EXCELLENT choices (both of them). I hear World Market is going out of business in Sugarland. I'm thinking of hitting them up soon. ALSO, I'm browsing more at Garden Ridge. Ran into your grey rug too. :) Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I definitely returned the first one. It was from ZGallerie and so pretty in person. In the end, I like the second one much better because it has all my fav NYC landmarks listed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (1) You crack me up and I always love the way you tell a story.
    (2) LOVE your choice!!
    (3) Actually, kind of jealous and would love to have something similar. You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete