Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pre-construction meeting.

We went this week and met with our builder/construction manager, Cody. He seems like a great guy and has been in the biz for 20 years. We discussed all the tiny details of the house and he gave us a timeline for everything: from when the foundation will be poured (this week!) to our closing date (potentially late November!). After the meeting we took a drive down our street to see the progress of our lot. We were so surprised to see the land has been completely cleared! Here's a great picture of the update: no trees, tons of mud, and a great view of our soon to be backyard, we'll be backing up to a nature preserve!



In "green thumb" news, I've requested a Magnolia tree for the front yard and thought ahead to ask for non-posionous shrubs since Kirby is quite the plant muncher. My gardener (i.e. my dad) has already gotten a head start on planting some stuff for me in my parent's backyard that we can later transplant to Bromley. One of the things on my wanted list: a meyer lemon tree. Yum! My dad's also planting a pomegranate tree...I can change my last name, but can't change the Iranian in me!

3 comments:

  1. Magnolia trees, lemon trees, exotic fruit: Bromley is quite the catch! Those lemons will be great company for your cucumbers when I come visit...

    I'm eagerly awaiting next week's picture with the foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can change my last name..." you are funny!

    My dream is to have a grapefruit tree, but until then...would you mind sharing your lemons? I'll trade you for a loaf of freshly baked bread??

    Keep the photos coming, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My dad's also planting a pomegranate tree...I can change my last name, but can't change the Iranian in me!"
    Hahaha--I'm laughing so hard right now.
    Your dad's backyard sounds like my parent's backyard. We have lemons & limes, cucumbers, mint, figs, etc.
    So amusing.
    I love hearing about these developments!! aaah!!!

    ReplyDelete