Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

We just got home this weekend from a wonderful trip and stood in front of Bromley looking at our yard. Spring is officially here and our yard was in need of a haircut.

So, off we went to Home Depot in search of a lawnmower!


There's nothing like wandering the aisles of Home Depot with a yummy sonic drink in hand. My pick: Lemonberry slush, extra berry.


So many options, so much money!


I thought something like this would be better, because we could mow the lawn and then also drive to the pool and pretend like its a 4 wheeler.

After Roy found his pick, we stopped off at the nursery.


And found some very pretty little flowers to add some pizazz to Bromley's lawn.


The pretty flowers were purchased to replace some very sad looking plants in our front yard. I think the plants are called "monkey grass".


I think they should be called "spider grass" or "creepy grass".




So our Sunday afternoon was spent with Roy mowing and myself digging and planting.


ta-da! Now the house looks just as pretty on the outside as on the inside!


And while we were cleaning up and I was watering my new flowers, we even got our first compliment from a friendly jogger!


Here's hopin' that the flowers continue to bloom!

5 comments:

  1. YAY for Spring at the Mitchell's house!!! Looks lovely! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question will be, do you have your dad's green thumb?

    Either way, Bromley looks great! And the picture of Kirby posing is way too cute. She looks so proud of her lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Heidi! Look at this. You guys are definitely building a home together... from the inside out. Yes, that was cheesy, but still. You guys are so cute.
    And, PS -- gardening intimidates me... so major props.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man Heidi, I need to get cracking on my gardening now-- I'm feeling like a slacker, lol!!! It looks great! I did weed the other week, but I must hit up the garden center too and get some new plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi, did you buy the riding lawnmower? I'm such a literal person I'm believing you did... ;) Great job you guys! That's one thing that stinks about the weekend program: I don't want to do these types of tasks alone.

    ReplyDelete