Saturday, September 11, 2010

My favorite thing.

Roy always asks me, "What are you the most excited about?".

My response, "The fireplace!!".

Roy doesn't understand my overwhelming excitement, but the idea of relaxing around the house on a cold day with the fire roaring seems so homey. I'm doubly excited that we're moving in November... prime fireplace weather! It also will make for a great late night s'more maker. I have so many memories of my brother and I sitting in my parent's living room, in front of the fire, roasting marshmallows... on kabob skewers!


Fireplace installed!

Every new day we visit the house, things change faster and faster! Framing finished, roof on, and now the insulation is being installed. Our next step is dry wall.


Roof on!


View of upstairs gameroom.


Installed insulation, the whole house looks like its filled with cotton candy!


Our construction manager leaves messages for the workers on the floor... and highlights with spray paint!


Coming along great! The outside of the house almost looks finished... now we just need to work on the inside!

3 comments:

  1. I'm inviting myself over for some infamous Bromley smores! I'll bring the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. much too belated but CONGRATULATIONS!

    the house looks wonderful and i love watching the progress! i cannot wait to see the finished product with all of your design touches. it is sure to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!
    i am just catching up on the bromley updates. it is coming along so quickly (and looking lovely!)

    this is so much fun for me to watch the progress, i cannot imagine how ecstatic you must be.

    keep the updates coming, please!

    ReplyDelete